Are you losing the battle against acne? It might be time to turn to a dermatologist.
It isn’t always easy to know when to turn to a skincare professional to treat your acne symptoms. After all, given that acne occurs to most people at some point during their lifetimes, many patients don't even realize that they could actually benefit from turning to our Charleston, SC, dermatologists for care. Read on to learn the difference between minor acne and acne that could get worse if left untreated by the skincare professionals here at Trident Dermatology.
When should I turn to a dermatologist?
It might be time to talk to one of our Charleston, SC, skincare professionals if:
- You’ve tried to treat acne on your own but it isn’t responding to home care and treatment
- Your acne does go away but you continue to get new breakouts
- You notice pimples on rather unexpected areas of the body such as the armpits or groin
- You've started noticing acne as early as 8 to 11 years old (or earlier)
- You have deep cysts and painful nodules under the skin
- You’ve been dealing with acne for years and don’t know why
- You've noticed breakouts when you starting a new medication
- You feel embarrassed or anxious about your acne and avoid social situations as a result
- You notice discolorations and dark spots once your acne goes away
If you’ve said yes to several of these statements, then it’s time to see a dermatologist. At Trident Dermatology, our specialists have tools that can determine the root cause of your acne and from there decide the best method for treating your skin. If you’ve never been diagnosed with acne it’s easy to assume that every bump is a pimple; however, it’s important that you see your dermatologist for a proper diagnosis.
From prescription medications and topical treatments to hormonal contraception and laser therapy, your dermatologist can provide you with the comprehensive treatment plan you need to start seeing results and to finally help get acne under control.
Interested? Give us a call
If you are having trouble getting your acne under control, then it’s important that you have a dermatologist that you trust to listen to your needs and provide you with the care you deserve. Call Trident Dermatology in Charleston, SC, today at (843) 797-3960 to schedule a comprehensive evaluation.