Scars can occur no matter your age or gender. We may get them from an injury, because of acne or another health condition. Your Charleston, SC dermatologists at Trident Dermatology are well versed at treating scar removal. After all, a scar doesn’t have to be permanent!
Scar Removal Treatment Options in Charleston
If you are unhappy with a scar that doesn’t want to fade, there are many options available to you. The professionals at Trident Dermatology offer a variety of dermatology options that can help you achieve this goal of reducing the appearance of your scars.
Some of their treatment options include:
- Chemical Peel: This uses a chemical solution that removes damaged top layers of the skin and regenerate skin underneath the scar.
- Dermabrasion: This treatment polishes the top layer of the skin to improve contour. It also helps to replace the older skin with a smoother and more refreshed layer of skin, which hides the scar. This is recommended for minor scars.
- Microdermabrasion: This sprays tiny crystals into the skin to improve the appearance of mild scars. This is achieved by stimulating cells and requires several small sessions to be successful
- Laser skin resurfacing: This is done with a laser that sends short, pulsating beams of light at a scar. It removes damaged skin one layer at a time.
- Topical Retinoids: This medication is applied to the skin to help smooth out acne scars. This isn’t recommended for deep scars.
What a Dermatologist Can Do For Your Skin
Our dermatologists offer a scar analysis and consultations to patients of all ages. They will evaluate your scar and offer treatment options for you and your particular skin. To schedule an appointment today at Trident Dermatology in Charleston, SC, call (843) 797-3960.
Find out why more and more people are turning to dermal fillers to get smoother, more youthful skin.
It pretty much goes without saying that many people really want to hold on to their youth as long as possible, particularly when it comes to their appearance. Unfortunately, wrinkles and fine lines tend to be a part of growing older; however, that doesn’t just mean that you have to put up with them. Our Charleston, SC dermatologists make it easy to get younger-looking skin without always needing time-consuming or invasive cosmetic dermatology to achieve it. Find out how dermal fillers might help you!
What are dermal fillers?
Cosmetic fillers are used to fix issues associated with aging, particularly in the face. Here are some issues that dermal fillers can address:
- Volumizing areas of the face that have begun to sag or lose volume
- Smoothing out lines, wrinkles and creases in the skin (e.g. laugh lines)
- Volumizing thin lips and smoothing away the lines around the lips
- Filling out superficial scars caused by acne or chicken pox to reduce their appearance
- Increasing volume and plumpness in hollowed-out areas of the cheeks or temples
Depending on the type of dermal filler you choose to get, they can be made from either synthetic or natural materials. These materials are then injected into the surface of the skin to improve fine lines, wrinkles and other skin problems related to signs of aging. Many people think that dermal fillers are like Botox but this is not correct. Botox prevents certain facial muscles from contracting to smooth away wrinkles while dermal fillers are designed to smooth and plump the skin.
How long will it take to get dermal fillers in Charleston, SC?
This is a very quick and easy process and can be administered in only a few minutes. Of course, some patients do choose to have the area numbed with a topical anesthesia prior to injections, so this can lengthen the procedure. Dermal filler injections aren’t painful but you may notice a slight burning or pinching sensation when the small needles are inserted into the skin.
When will I notice my results?
Sometimes results show up right away while others may take a couple days to achieve the full effect. Dermal filler results don’t last forever but they can last a few months and even up to a couple years. Plus, you can continue to come in for continued treatments to maintain your results for longer.
Have questions about dermal fillers? Ready to find out if you are the ideal candidate? Then it’s time you called Trident Dermatology in Charleston, SC to learn more about how dermal fillers could help you!
What your dermatologists in Charleston want you to know about laser hair removal
If you have unwanted hair and are tired of shaving and plucking, it’s time to throw away your razor and discover the state-of-the-art method of hair removal. It’s time to discover the benefits of laser hair removal. Your dermatologists at Trident Dermatology in Charleston, South Carolina want to help you discover how quickly and conveniently this procedure can remove hair from many areas of your body.
Laser hair removal can remove hair from your:
- Chin and upper lip
Your dermatologists in Charleston will recommend one or more appointments, depending on the area you wish to be treated. For best results, maintenance treatments are often suggested. There are many reasons why people choose laser hair removal. When you choose this procedure you will experience:
- Less discomfort than electrolysis because laser hair removal doesn’t damage the skin around the hair follicle
- A safe and effective procedure when it is performed by your dermatologists in Charleston
- Faster results than electrolysis because the pulses of the laser only last for a fraction of a second
Your dermatologists in Charleston want you to know laser hair removal is a successful treatment option, with 90% of people experiencing hair loss after 3 to 5 treatments. Laser hair removal can also remove hair from large areas of your body including your legs and back, while other procedures such as electrolysis can only remove hair from smaller areas, such as the upper lip.
Laser hair removal is a versatile process that can remove hair from many parts of your body. So, if you have unwanted hair, think about laser hair removal for lasting results. Call your dermatologists at Trident Dermatology in Charleston, South Carolina and get ready to bare some skin. Call today!
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.