Posts for tag: Botox
Here’s what you should know about getting Botox.
Want to get younger-looking skin but a little nervous about undergoing cosmetic treatment? If this is your first time even considering cosmetic dermatology, our Charleston, SC, dermatologists understand that you may be looking for a more conservative approach such as Botox, which is minimally invasive and offers amazing results.
What is the purpose of Botox?
Botox is a cosmetic injectable that helps to relax fine lines and wrinkles of the face by injecting certain muscle groups with a purified form of Botulinum Toxin A, a neurotoxin. When administered by our qualified dermatologist here in Charleston, SC, Botox is a safe and effective way to smooth away lines and wrinkles around the forehead, eyebrows, nose, mouth, and eyes. Any wrinkles that seem to stand out when smiling or frowning are the wrinkles that will respond to Botox.
What are the benefits of Botox?
We know that many of our patients want to understand more about Botox before turning to our team here at Trident Dermatology. While Botox has helped countless men and women from their 20s-50s get younger-looking results, it isn’t right for everyone. To meet your specific esthetic goals, we will need to schedule a consultation with you first.
Here are just some of the benefits of turning to us for Botox,
- Botox requires a skilled hand and who better to administer this treatment than a qualified doctor? Spas and home Botox parties should be avoided, as many people aren’t qualified to be able to safely administer these injections. With us you know you’re in capable hands.
- Botox treatment is minimally invasive and easily tolerated even by more pain-sensitive patients. We can also numb the area before treatment if you’d like. It only takes a couple of minutes to administer Botox and side effects such as redness, tenderness or swelling are minimal.
- Most patients will see results within the first 3-4 days after treatment, with the full results appearing after one week. The benefit of getting Botox is that you don’t look too tight, lifted, or “overdone” like you might be concerned about with certain cosmetic procedures. Botox provides subtle, natural, and realistic changes to your appearance.
Are you interested in getting Botox here in Charleston, SC? If so, you want to find a qualified dermatologist that can provide you with safe, effective treatment every time. Our dermatology team can work with you to get the results you want, time and time again. To find out if you’re right for Botox, call Trident Dermatology at (843) 797-3960 to schedule a no-risk consultation.
Find out just how Botox is able to smooth away lines and wrinkles from the face.
Just because you are getting older doesn’t mean your face has to give away your age. Every day, more and more men and women are turning to our Charleston, SC, dermatologists to get Botox, a simple non-surgical treatment option that can smooth away certain lines and wrinkles in the face. Could Botox be the solution that you’ve been looking for?
What is Botox?
First and foremost, you’ll need to understand what Botox is in order to understand what it can do for you. Botox is a cosmetic injectable treatment that contains a medical-grade, purified form of a neurotoxin known as botulinum toxin. When administered in very small amounts, botulinum toxin has the ability to temporarily relax certain muscles of the face in order to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
What can Botox treat?
There are different types of wrinkles and Botox will only be able to treat wrinkles that are caused by muscle contractions. These wrinkles are referred to as dynamic wrinkles, and they include the lines that appear whenever you smile or frown.
Accordingly, Botox is able to reduce the appearance of,
- Forehead lines and wrinkles
- Crow’s feet (lines around the eyes)
- Laugh lines (lines around the nose and mouth)
- Wrinkles around the brows
What is it like to get Botox?
It only takes a couple of minutes for a dermatologist at our Charleston office to safely administer these very thin injections. Since this treatment is noninvasive, you can go back to your daily activities immediately after (there is no downtime). While you may feel a slight stinging when the needles are administered, this discomfort is very mild and will go away as soon as the injections are removed.
How quickly will I see results?
You won’t see results right away, as it does take 3-4 days for Botox to work its magic. However, you should see full results within 5-7 days after treatment. The effects will then last up to six months, but if you want to continue the look, then you can keep them longer by coming back in for maintenance treatments.
Interested? Give us a call!
Do you want to refresh your appearance and get rid of those pesky crow’s feet and laugh lines? If you said “yes,” then the cosmetic team here at our Charleston office is ready to help! Call us today at (843) 797-3960 to schedule an appointment.